Sean T. McBeth
I am a freelance software consultant, with too many hobbies to count. Between my clients, side projects, everyday needs for chores, sleeping, eating, and providing my wife the attention she deserves, if I didn't have a good system for getting things done, I'd be an emotional mess.
I've successfully bootstrapped and deployed multiple analytics-heavy OLTP applications for desktop, Web, and mobile Web from concept to first-version in 1-to-2-month timeframes. I emphasize open communication with stakeholders, frequent issue and user-story tracking and review, correct, normalized relational database design and simple, best-practice-based, DRY, agile software development. I maintain an extremely broad set of skills to bring to bear on your project.
Databases I've used for projects: MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL. I excel at designing and analyzing database schemata.
Operating systems I regularly use: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu, Android.
Software packages: Visual Studio, NetBeans, Android Studio, Eclipse, Vim, Emacs, Git, Blender, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, Inkscape.
Other technologies I've used for projects: RaspberryPi, Arduino, MSP430, Virtual Reality, OpenGL, WebGL, Three.js, WebRTC.
- Primrose: a syntax-highlighting code editor control for WebGL
- Psychologist.js: a framework for staying sane while bending minds in VR
- SqlSiphon: a database management library for .NET
- Highland Solutions: a consultancy for helping people wrangle their data
Writing and Art
- Tumblr blog: essays and photography
- Three Years: an ebook
- Photography and writing on the Galapagos Islands
- Photography from Ireland
- Photography from Germany
- Abstract photography with prisms
- MAKE Magazine, Issue 35: Making Pigments
- Just Write, Dammit! A book writing platform
- Small Town: interactive fiction + AI Shakespere
- Speaking Accent Recognition Testing Machine
- Laser Harp
- Mobile-responsive Pong game
- The No-Video Game
- Standing Workstation
- Scratch Live! An HTML 5 synthesizer
- 2-Player, Competitive, Arm-Wrestling Tetris
- Indie-movie pyrotechnic effects